By: Heather N
If you are anything like me you start something fun with your kids like Elf on the Shelf and plan a month worth of ideas so you don't have to think about anything. Ok so I did do that, but then I remember at 11 or 12pm that the elf needs to move, and I am way too tired to create something elaborate so my plans change completely. This has happened more often than not this year and my amazing Calendar has all but been thrown out the window.
Here are 5 easy ideas if you are in a pinch:
1. Decorate the Christmas Tree with Underwear! This took all of 2 minutes, and my boys thought it was awesome! They even chose some of these unique decorations to wear that day.
2. Give the kids a treat! This time it was Candy Canes and a Gingerbread house that I had on hand already, but they were still excited to see their elf had brought them a gift!
3. It is a well known fact that elves love syrup. Add a straw for good measure.
4. Everyone has toilet paper rolls hanging around the house. This is a super easy swing to rig up for your elf to play on.
5. When all else fails use your elf as a tree decoration.
Don't feel bad if you have already ran short on ideas. It is hard work keeping our children entertained, especially when this little elf is exhibiting behavior that is not necessarily tolerable in our children. Just remember the excitement in their eyes when they wake up and run all over the house looking for where their little friend may be today.
Just incase you need a few more ideas.