Ready to do battle with dry skin? Here is a wonderfully luxurious moisturizer that is perfect for face and body. Even better, it has some great health benefits! This moisturizer contains green tea, which has antioxidant properties and helps promote relaxation. Coconut oil has a natural SPF, has antioxidants, is antifungal and antibacterial, and has soothing properties. Lavender essential oil gives this lotion a calming fragrance, while boasting some health benefits of removing nervous tension, enhances blood circulation, eases tension, and can aid in sleep (to name a few great reasons to use this oil).
So why not pamper yourself or a friend/loved one with this great home recipe for a rich moisturizer that will leave your skin dewy, soft, and supple?
NOTE: You only need a fraction of what your would use of your normal cream or lotion, as this is very moisturizing.
Melt coconut oil in saucepan over medium heat, until melted.
2. Stir in tea, cover & simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
3. Strain tea from oil with a cheesecloth (or coffee filter folded in half).
4. Place in refrigerator to cool, until solid.
5. Whip until creamy, 3-5 minutes.
6. Add essential oil, whipping again.
7. Store in a dry, air tight container away from heat.