A chicken entree that has a sweet and savory taste to it, sure to add some fun to your summer dinners. You can make this either on the BBQ with some salad on the side, or on low in the crockpot with some extra juice to cook while you are out at the park with the kiddos!
Pineapple, brown sugar, and barbecue sauce all topped onto chicken breast/thighs is quick and simple to throw together AND tastes amazing.
For the BBQ
1. Prep your chicken for the BBQ and spread barbecue sauce on while cooking
2. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar and canned pineapple. Add half juice from can. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, or until warm.
3. Cook side dishes, such as quinoa or mashed potatoes. Or, mix up a salad!
4. When chicken is done, spoon the pineapple sugar mixture onto your chicken servings.
OPTIONAL: You can also add some chopped fresh pineapple to the topping when serving.
For the Crockpot
1. Place chicken in bottom of the crockpot, and spread barbecue sauce on top.
2. Pour the brown sugar on top of chicken, followed by the canned pineapple. Add 2/3 can of juice to the pot, to keep chicken moist.
3. Cook on low heat for 6 hours, or high heat for three (be sure to check the internal temperature)
4. When dinner time comes, cook up your sides or create a salad.