This month our momstown mamas got to enjoy some berry picking at the Jungle Farm with our kiddos. Everyone got to help pick the ripest strawberries, and take an active part in making some delicious freezer jam. Want to make some of this sweet spread for your home? Follow these simple instructions, and soon you will be enjoying a delicious summer jam with your family!
Wash and rinse your jam containers, and fruit
2. Place prepared fruit in a large mixing bowl
3. Gently mash your fruit until finely mashed/chopped
4. Gently stir in sugar and allow to stand for 15 minutes
5. Slowly sprinkle gelling powder (pectin) a little at a time onto fruit mixture while stirring for 3 minutes
6. Allow to stand for 5 minutes
7. Gently stir again for 1 minute
8. Pour jam into jars, leaving 1 inch space at top. Seal tightly
Jam is ready to eat. Store in refrigerator and use withing 6 weeks, or store for up to 1 year in freezer.
Yield is dependent on how much fruit is prepared.